Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Zoya Pixie Dust Godiva...and a rant about nail blog inspired impulse purchases

Look what I got in the mail yesterday!! :)


Zoya Godiva from the new Pixie Dust collection!  I tried to be good and only bought one shade, but as soon as I put this on I went ahead and ordered another :/   I am wearing 3 coats, no base or top coat per manufacturer recommendation.

I like this even more than the OPI Liquid Sand.  Probably because the colors available are much more wearable, but also the texture is a bit different and just more...pleasing. Maybe a finer grit?  More sparkle per square inch?  

I wish they would come out with a nice light pink Pixie Dust polish next!  And hot pink too!  And Coral!!!  (I've said it before, I like boring traditional colors)

The Godiva really does look just like beach sand on my fingertips!!  I think it would be an amazing background for some nail art- maybe do half Godiva and then some blue waves on the other half, a starfish...  Easier said than done for me, but maybe I'll give it a try at some point.
For now I am enjoying wearing it alone just fine!  This is for sure my favorite Zoya polish that I own, very possibly my favorite nude color and absolutely my favorite textured polish!

For the record, this was taken with my Droid, I still haven't taken my little Rebel to the shop.  These pics do NOT do this polish justice, it is very sparkly in real life!!  Pics can be enlarged by clicking...


I also got some indie stuff in the mail yesterday that I want to blog about soon.  Impulse buy after seeing it on someone's blog.  
I tell ya, polish makers get their money's worth out of sending free polish to popular bloggers to review.  I am a sucker, I buy it because it looks so gorgeous on their perfect nails with their perfect lighting and photography and their descriptive language that thank the Lo isn't about food or something otherwise everyone that read their blog would be obese.  
Nope, instead everyone that reads the blog is probably poor from buying nail polish, lol!  
Sometimes I am glad I broke down and other times I am like WTH was I thinking?  This is the ugliest color I've ever bought!  But she said "Oooh, it is so sparkly, it's my fave polish EVAR!"  and there I was logging in to PayPal...

Anyway, here's another pic of Godiva:

Have a great day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment