Friday, February 22, 2013

French Manicure with Essie Beam Up & OPI Alpine Snow

I have badly stained nails and I am also terrible at doing french manicures which creates a situation...because the only way I can make a halfway decent smile line is by putting white (or whatever color) on the tips and then using a round tip brush with acetone to create the arch...which means I can't use a colored base to cover up the ugly stains on my nails because the acetone would remove it and look sloppy and patchy. (Yes, I've tried the stickers, they are annoying for me to work with!  And free hand painting the tips  isn't gonna work for me!  And I am not good at stamping tips, they always come out crooked!)  

In comes Essie Beam up!!!  I can do my tips on my bare nails, fix the smile line with acetone, then go over it with 3 coats of Essie Beam up and voila!  healthy, natural looking nails without visible staining!  Love this stuff!!!  OH, and a bonus!  It glows in black light!!!  So it looks so neat at a nightclub, really makes my nails pop :)


Here it is in direct sunlight- this is one coat of OPI Alpine Snow on the tips and 3 coats of Essie Beam up over that, plus a top coat of Seche:

Oh- and no way will I post a before pic of my nail staining, my word will have to be enough- it's pretty bad!

Anyway, I love this stuff and highly recommend it!  It's also great as a base coat when you want to wear a sheer color and not have it altered by nail staining peeking through!  Or you can just wear it alone!! 

Happy Friday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment